Monday, March 3, 2008

Charlotte's subtle sign.

On Saturday, I came home to a surprise. Charlotte, my roommate's dog, had decided she was bored and thought it was a great idea to tear up my book "So You Wanna Join the Peace Corps." She only destroyed the table of contents and appendix, so I figured I could salvage the rest of the book. I was wrong. Lucy called tonight saying "I owe you a new Peace Corps book." She'd gone to town on it. From pre-application jitters to what you do when you've returned, it was torn into puzzle size pieces on the living room floor.

Of course everyone is in agreement when they say, "See, she doesn't want you to go either." I can't help but agree.

My interview is on Wednesday; I wonder if this would be a great anecdote to tell my recruiter....

No comments:

Be the change you want to see in the world.
-Mahatma Gandhi