Thursday, November 19, 2009

And the wait goes on

Good news first: I faxed in the last of my medical paperwork to Peace Corps today! I know, I know, you don't actually believe me. I'm like the girl who cried medical clearance. But this time, I think I mean it. Even though my nurse told me she technically cleared me, I hope this means I can get that coveted letter soon. You know, the one that says you've been medically cleared and will be contacted by a placement officer soon? Nevermind that I've technically already been contacted by a placement officer, but whatever, I crazily anticipate any non-junk real mail, particularly when it's stamped with that lovely peace corps logo.

Speaking of placement officers, this brings me to my bad news: It's been two weeks since I talked to the placement officer. And nada. Nothing. Silence. Sigh. At this point not knowing is worse than knowing that maybe I just wasn't right for the post leaving in February. I realize I have no right to complain considering I put peace corps on hold for the better part of a year, but now that things were moving quickly I was getting super excited. And nervous. And anxious. But now I'm just sitting here. Waiting...

No comments:

Be the change you want to see in the world.
-Mahatma Gandhi